Thursday, 24 February 2011
Rockets from Gaza into Israel
Be'er Sheva, a town in southern Israel, was met by rocket attacks on one of its residential streets. In reponse, the IDF launched an air strike in the eastern Gaza city. No casualties have been reported by either side.
Wednesday, 23 February 2011
Israel's warped PR
Thought this may be of interest:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbBDNEP6Znw&feature=BF&list=QL&index=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbBDNEP6Znw&feature=BF&list=QL&index=1
Saturday, 19 February 2011
Rafah Border Opened
Palestinians are now able to leave Egypt, after two weeks, and make their way home to Gaza. The border has been opened on one side, with Palestinians still under heavry restriction when seeking to enter Egypt. Normally the border is open to those that require medical attention, hold a foreign passport or are studying abroad. There is hope on the Palestinian side that the chnage in Egypt will bring a more open crossing at Rafah.
Friday, 18 February 2011
Bullying the Palestinians - Opinion - Al Jazeera English
Bullying the Palestinians - Opinion - Al Jazeera English
The recent(breaking news as I type)decision by the US to veto an UN resolution condemning the Israeli settlements.
Susan Rice the US ambassador to the UN says - and I am paraphrasing here - that they still strongly oppose the illegal and illegitimate settlements, they beleive it is not the time for it. As we know the PA refuses to resume talks until there is a halt in settlement activity. So what next for the 'peace process?'
The recent(breaking news as I type)decision by the US to veto an UN resolution condemning the Israeli settlements.
Susan Rice the US ambassador to the UN says - and I am paraphrasing here - that they still strongly oppose the illegal and illegitimate settlements, they beleive it is not the time for it. As we know the PA refuses to resume talks until there is a halt in settlement activity. So what next for the 'peace process?'
Thursday, 17 February 2011
Imad
My nine year old hero:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq2a6F8VRbI&feature=bf_prev&list=QL&index=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq2a6F8VRbI&feature=bf_prev&list=QL&index=1
Saturday, 12 February 2011
PLO calls for election
Reuters has reported that the PLO has called for elections this September. This news comes after Saeb Erekat has resigned his post as the chief negotiator for the Palestine Liberation Organisation, following the leak of cables in the Palestine papers last month.
Haaretz reported:
'Erekat told The Associated Press that an investigation determined that internal documents obtained by Al-Jazeera were leaked by someone from his office. "If there was any security failure in my office, then I am responsible. For that, I have resigned," he said.'
Note his reasoning here, the leak of the papers as opposed to the content of said cables. (?)
Hamas spokesman Fawzi Barhoum has denounced the 'legitimacy' of the call for elections by Mahmoud Abbas PA leader. They have also announced that they will not participate in the coming elections.
Haaretz reported:
'Erekat told The Associated Press that an investigation determined that internal documents obtained by Al-Jazeera were leaked by someone from his office. "If there was any security failure in my office, then I am responsible. For that, I have resigned," he said.'
Note his reasoning here, the leak of the papers as opposed to the content of said cables. (?)
Hamas spokesman Fawzi Barhoum has denounced the 'legitimacy' of the call for elections by Mahmoud Abbas PA leader. They have also announced that they will not participate in the coming elections.
Breaking news.
The Maan News Agency has released a report that the 'chief PLO negotiator' Saeb Erekat has resigned. More to follow soon. I'm trying to access reuters but my internet is failing me today.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)